Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 09-28-2022, 12:55 PM

I had a G4 than the G5 came out I got that. It is awesome, never have to worry about refills, endurance. I got the bigger battery and I can run for 8hrs on setting number 2 I also carry the 12v cord to plug in the plane if needed. My pulse oximeter reads 93-94 at 13k feet.
I have bought mine and couple others to friends from Craigslist. All low hrs costing about $1200-$1500
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3018529
2022 dues PAID
Old 09-28-2022, 01:18 PM

I have no personal experience, but found these videos interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln7LbyAX6hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTIyZ2FzKI
Tail Kit Delivered 10/31/22
Currently flying N1235D - Cessna 170A
Old 09-28-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
I got mine for about $1500 on a French website which is like ebay: https://www.leboncoin.fr/ It was new, never used. I was keeping an eye out for a G5 for a few months before I found this one, so you might have to be patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoB View Post
I had a G4 than the G5 came out I got that. It is awesome, never have to worry about refills, endurance. I got the bigger battery and I can run for 8hrs on setting number 2 I also carry the 12v cord to plug in the plane if needed. My pulse oximeter reads 93-94 at 13k feet.
I have bought mine and couple others to friends from Craigslist. All low hrs costing about $1200-$1500
Thanks guys. Now I know what price range/ where to look.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:18 PM

I'm in an RV-6A and built a console in between the seats to hold my G4
It works just fine and 02 readings are good.
I got my G4 off Craigslist for $450.00 with very low hours. Even came with an extra large battery and cigarette adaptor, carrying bag and all. So, I don't even use the battery, just as a base.
Bought cannulas off Amazon and the rest is history as they say.
Need to be patient for a good deal though.
I wasn't even thinking of buying one, But, seen it and jumped on it.
Your luck will vary Art
Old 09-30-2022, 04:51 PM

Default Where are you mounting the Inogen in an RV-8

I just picked up a Inogen G5 and now have to figure out where to put it. Not a lot of room in the RV-8 where it can be reached in flight and still be out of the way. Any suggestions?
Old 09-30-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Watkins View Post
I just picked up a Inogen G5 and now have to figure out where to put it. Not a lot of room in the RV-8 where it can be reached in flight and still be out of the way. Any suggestions?
I have an RV9A and hang my Inogen G5 in the empty space behind my seat using the shoulder straps of the case. The strap goes around the top seat adjuster. The cannulas are fed through the gap between the seats and the unit is turned on before flight. I keep an eye on the performance of the G5 with the blue tooth app. I'll take a picture and post.

For the others, I bought the unit on Facebook for $1k.

Last edited by Mezzplayer : 09-30-2022 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzplayer View Post

For the others, I bought the unit on Facebook for $1k.
I am very curious about how your unit performs. If it delivers oxygen sufficient to keep you alert at altitude, that's what matters. After a little digging, this is what I've found.

I spoke with an Inogen representative, who says they can't sell a new unit without a prescription because the oxygen becomes a controlled substance at the concentrations that their units delivery to. The representative also claims that they do not sell through facebook, and she was interested in the specifics of the site.

I have gone back and forth with a facebook page called "Portable G5 Inogen Oxygen Concentrator for Sale". They refuse any and all information about how they can sell their units so cheaply, variously claiming that the units are factory seconds, new in an unopened package, refusing to state what makes their units factory second, etc.
Working on an RV-14
Old 10-03-2022, 12:57 PM

I have two G4's and bought one locally on craigslist and another on facebook marketplace. They were both from individuals, not from a company, and have had pretty good luck that way.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfuess View Post
I am very curious about how your unit performs. If it delivers oxygen sufficient to keep you alert at altitude, that's what matters. After a little digging, this is what I've found.

I spoke with an Inogen representative, who says they can't sell a new unit without a prescription because the oxygen becomes a controlled substance at the concentrations that their units delivery to. The representative also claims that they do not sell through facebook, and she was interested in the specifics of the site.

I have gone back and forth with a facebook page called "Portable G5 Inogen Oxygen Concentrator for Sale". They refuse any and all information about how they can sell their units so cheaply, variously claiming that the units are factory seconds, new in an unopened package, refusing to state what makes their units factory second, etc.

Iíve gone as high as 16,500 with the unit on level 3 with blood sats around 94%.

If you buy new, I believe you need a prescription. I bought my unit second hand from an individual. If you search for Inogen G5 on Facebook, youíll find people selling used concentrators.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzplayer View Post
Iíve gone as high as 16,500 with the unit on level 3 with blood sats around 94%.

If you buy new, I believe you need a prescription. I bought my unit second hand from an individual. If you search for Inogen G5 on Facebook, youíll find people selling used concentrators.
Used my G5 just this morning - quick flight over the mountains to about 14k indicated, and checked my SpO2 a couple of times and it was around 97%. I think I was on 4, but forgot to look. I just turn it on by feel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HB-YMM Matterhorn 20221003.png
Views:	22
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	31818

http://www.rv8.ch/help-people-in-ukraine/