What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grand Forks, ND

Skygate

Any RVers in Grand Forks North Dakota area? I plan to build after college (UND UAS) but haven't really seen many RVs in the flesh, flying or otherwise. Not sure I'm down with the nose wheel or tail wheel either so I would love to check out some airplanes.

Anyone near KGFK?

Sky

Welcome

Welcome Sky to VAF. I graduated just down the road at NDSU but have ventured far since. I'll look you up if I ever make it back. I don't know of too many RVs in ND but are a plentiful in the twin cities. RV (the flying type) would be ideal transportation around ND.

I was at a fly-in at Perham MN (16D) today, and saw a brand new -8, white and red, from somewhere near Grand Forks. I did not get a chance to talk to the owner, but someone mentioned it was from that neighborhood.

Maybe someone on the list knows who this one belongs to.

I know there are some in the West Fargo area also, but I don't recall the names right now.

north dakota builders

the advertiser that sells longeron dies and canopy guides in vansairforce list of advertisers is from north dakota. I think fargo but not sure he has an rv 7a i think look at his web site

ND RV's

I'm the guy with the red and white RV8. I'm in Hatton. 35 miles SW. Google 900 Dakota ave. There's 2 RV8's and an RV3 within 8 miles of me you can check out. I'm cooking burgers at noon for a few guys if you can make it.

Eddy

Thanks for the replies everybody! I'm packing for a trip out of town today but when I return in a few weeks it looks like I'll be heading down to Hatton!

Say Eddy, did you happen to have your RV at Hillsboro this spring? I remember a red and aluminum -8 that had very few hours on it.

Yep

But it was white fiberglass and aluminum. Out of the paint shop about a month or so now. We usually get together and fly on Sunday mornings if it's nice.

Back from vacation and need a vacation...:D

Ed are you guys around the airport this Sunday on the holiday weekend?

-Sky

ND RVrs

the advertiser that sells longeron dies and canopy guides in vansairforce list of advertisers is from north dakota. I think fargo but not sure he has an rv 7a i think look at his web site

Bismarck........look me up sometime. Bismarck is a common stop for UND cross country's

I'm flying the Seminole this semester so I will be heading to Bismarck at some point. I'll leave a message here when I get a time frame. Thanks!

Bismarck........look me up sometime. Bismarck is a common stop for UND cross country's

We have a some RV's down in Wahpeton. 2 RV-10's, 1 RV9, RV8 and RV4 and building a RV12

The two 10's and 12 project are in my hangar and welcome to visit anytime.

Brian

Well! My intent is to get my eyeball on several different models and configurations to better choose which I will build. Wifey sat in a -6A last weekend so I am interested to see which she prefers. I'll look at a good time to get down to Wahpeton.

Ooooh. And I just noticed thats a 2hr drive. This might take more planning.

The drive is not to bad, all interstate. Takes about an hour and a half.

If you do come this way let me know and will make sure that you get a ride in one of the 10's.

Brian

If you are around next weekend we'll try for then!

The drive is not to bad, all interstate. Takes about an hour and a half.

If you do come this way let me know and will make sure that you get a ride in one of the 10's.

Brian

Back