What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction

TenNext

I'm New Here
Hi guys and gals,
Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself rather than spending my whole time lurking the forum.
I guess my profile explains me a bit but I live in Auckland, New Zealand. And I'm a homebuilt aeroplane addict.
My first offence was to complete a plans built Falco (www.falco.co.nz) and since then moved house and settled in to a place with a good size workshop to re-offend. I'm really missing the building and have now got to the stage where I've finally decided on my next build. I really want to try this tin bashing bit and the Ten really appeals to me, even though Vicki and I don't have any kids, a bigger plane just seems like the thing to do.
I haven't bought any kits yet for one reason.
This year I am going to pack my Falco into a shipping container, mail it to California and fly it to OSH! A big expensive job but when you're nuts, your nuts.
I intend to visit Aurora on the way back from OSH and put a couple of kits in the container for the return trip.
For now I'm just saving money and collecting the odd tool since I never needed a rivet gun on the Falco and about 10 clecos was heaps!:)
For the rest of my time im married to Vicki, hwho likes flying but prefers chasing horses around,I sit in the left front seat of an A320 for Air New Zealand and dabble in writing apps for iPad and iPhone. That all pretty much fills my time in and keeps me broke until the next build starts.
For now I'm just planning my trip and keeping entertained on this and some other fantastic personal RV10 websites.
I feel like a fraud here until I actually get started but at least you know who is lurking.
Happy new year to all.
GR
Cheers...

Welcome George. Thats cool that you're going to fly your Falco from CA to OSH. I've been to New Zealand and I must say you will be hard pressed to find any place more beautiful, but the trip to OSH should be a great joy. Lots of opportunities to get ideas for your upcoming -10 project.

I feel like a fraud here until I actually get started...

Ha! That's funny!

image.jpg

After building and flying that, I think your "fraud" badge has officially been revoked.

Welcome, again, George.

--
Stephen

George you are at right place in right time. The tin will be a breeze for you.
Welcome!

Welcome George. We'll have to get you introduced to some of the -10 builders at OSH this year.

Thanks for the welcome guys..
I'll certainly be on the lookout for 10's (both kind) at OSH.
I hope if you see a yellow Kiwi reg Falco you come and say hi.

Welcome

Get the full experience and go home with more than you came with (in addition to the 10 kit). Your plane looks very nice...realizing of course the photo posted was from a half dozen or more ships out. Consider having your fine aircraft judged at the largest airshow in the world.

Here's a link to the EAA Judging Standards Manual:

http://www.airventure.org/awards/judging_rotorcraft.pdf

Hope to see you at the big show.

Thanks for the welcome guys..
I'll certainly be on the lookout for 10's (both kind) at OSH.
I hope if you see a yellow Kiwi reg Falco you come and say hi.

Back