What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight video

swisseagle

Well Known Member
Well, the project came to the last milestone ... FIRSTFLIGHT! This after 12 years of hard work, beside family with two kid’s, beside a job. Many holidays which I spend in the workshop, many weeks not enough sleep or relaxing time ... but I enjoyed building very much.
A bit burned out of everything, I just want to celebrate this moment with you! VAF was a great help, thank you all!
Later on; I will show you more in the virtual hangar section about the plane and all the small details.

The Swiss equivalent of EAA, which is supporting and supervising the building phase and flight testing, was the meaning, that I'm not qualified to perform the first flight by myself :( That was not so easy to swallow! But after such a long time, I could not wait anymore, nor fly to the US and get a transition training (which for sure would be the absolute best). So I handed the plane to Tony, a FI with more than 33'000h. Ok, he is not the youngest anymore, but he for sure knows what he is doing, he knows the RV and had done a great job. After 28min he came back, with Tony in the right seat, I started to my first flight and all is fine again!

Here is the great video that my buddy Juergen at work put together for me. All sequences are from these first flights, videos and then photos. Take the time, a big screen and turn the music on, enjoy it!

https://vimeo.com/171200320

IMG_7218.JPG

IMG_7215.JPG

IMG_7217.JPG

IMG_7413.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

DSCN0942.JPG
DSCN0958.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

In Switzerland, a kit build plane is not named an experimental, it is a homebuild and need to be named like that.

Ups! I need to change my signature ... and pay Doug for 2015/2016!

Last edited:
Really nice plane and video....congrats! You really have some tall trees and terrain to negotiate on final approach at your airport. Maybe a long lens on the camera makes them seem taller.

Great video, great looking airplane! It took me 11 years to do mine and had first flight last November. Definitely worth the perseverance. Congratulations!

Best wishes

Dominik,
congratulations and best wishes. A real nice and perfect airplane.
Hope to see you at EAS-Meeting in Langenthal. Next week we want to fly to OUV and RV-Meeting to Hodenhagen.

Dominik,
congratulations and best wishes. A real nice and perfect airplane.
Hope to see you at EAS-Meeting in Langenthal. Next week we want to fly to OUV and RV-Meeting to Hodenhagen.

Hi,

From the pictures it looks to be one with a high quality standard! Congrats!

A suggestion from me:
Experimental Days on 1-2-3 July in EBLE:
http://www.experimentaldays.be
affiche-2016.png

Last edited:
Thank you!

Hello

@ Mario: :) never thought about this ... but your right! As I became a Papa (Daddy) it was time to select the callsign ... so the last caracter was set ;)
Now I have a HB for my Homebuilt :D

@ Rightrudder: Yes, the lens is making them closer ... but they are close and the circuit is small too. A bit difficult to speed down a fix pitch RV to drop flaps and reduce the speed even more, but it works and I need to train it a bit to get used to it.

Keep pounding those rivets!

Hello

@ Hunters: Great you recived them! Forgot to ask if the where delivered, sorry.

@ all those which are still building: never give up, get help if needet, get a motivation flight with a RV buddy, do whatever it takes to finish it!

Dominik

You Swiss build nice airplanes! Your RV is finished out as nice as the PC-12 I share my hangar with!

Congratulations and enjoy!

First Flight Music

Congrats. Nice looking and flying airplane.
Nice video. Music was the best part. Made me laugh.

Back