What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Local

Vlad

Well Known Member
Saturday. Decent VFR. Overslept a bit and hit heavy traffic on the way to the airport. At the airport another roadblock - an electric cars show. Exhibitors were friendly and allowed to extract my plane from blocked row of hangars.

start.jpg

Fixed wing VZ 1200 northbound.

1-3.jpg

Wall Street bee hive.

2-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

Airboss #1 workplace 2 o'clock 3 miles. He wasn't that busy-busy and in one minute I knew where all his traffic was.

airboss1.jpg

A coworker might be on the roof watching. Between that black building and ConEd chimney.

4-2.jpg

Airboss #2 was juggling Big Boys left and right. Called me experimental. Good sign.

5-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

Landed at N40 and had lunch with Sky Manor brass. Good soup today. Adam looks exactly the same as in 2008 (looking for picture). Here we go.

Adam.jpg

Vansant next. The grass field is NOT for nosey speedy RVs. Rough for your firewall. I fly RV9A it doesn't apply to us slow flyers :D

v1.jpg

v6.jpg

Last edited:
Vansant 9N1 was very active. There was a tractor show, a Cobra car show, biplane rides and glider towing. Wow what a place! They were readying for a movie night but I am Day VFR pilot.

v8.jpg

v2.jpg

v4.jpg

v3.jpg

v5.jpg

Time to go. Flaps per Mel's :)

v9.jpg

Hour and a half logged. Life is getting better :D

Route.jpg

back.jpg

So that is where u were!

I stopped by 39N around 3:30 looking for you:eek: hopefully better wx tomorrow. Trying to get some air to air photos of the shiny RVs at KPTW.

With such a short day of flying today, Vlad, your average since first flight must have ticked downward to, what, just 9.5 hours per day? ;)

--
Stephen

I stopped by 39N around 3:30 looking for you:eek: hopefully better wx tomorrow. Trying to get some air to air photos of the shiny RVs at KPTW.

Was that your text? I got it airborne and couldn't respond sorry Mark.

With such a short day of flying today, Vlad, your average since first flight must have ticked downward to, what, just 9.5 hours per day? ;)

--
Stephen

Throttling down considerably, Stephen, throttling down...

Throttling down considerably, Stephen, throttling down...

Say it ain't so, Vlad! Say it ain't so!

I'm just one of many who are inspired by how much flying you do, and by the great reports you share here.

Don't slow down. Do it for us! ("Think of the children!")
--
Stephen

Wow....short flight!

Hey Vlad....that was a pretty short flight...I bet your airplane was mad at you:eek:

Tractor

By the way Vlad.....I need a tractor for this land I have here....is that one in the photo for sale....it may be a little tired....but it looks like a hard worker (just like me):D

BBQ in New Your City?????

"Barbeque Parlor"...give me a break

Something about BBQ in in NYC that just doesn't seem right to this SC boy or probably to all the TX guys out there as well.

Sorta like sacrilege...

Back