What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's vent knob

08FATBOY

I have a legacy 12 and just got the vent knobs. Can someone supply the KIA page for installation, possibly post it. Concerned about drill size and if they need to be tapped. Thanks,

Sorry for the confusion - I'll be taking a look at our communication around this one. Note that the new knob can be used anywhere this style door is implemented - Typically used in the case of the RV-12, RV-12iS and RV-10 rear passenger seats. We will release the proper documentation to allow factory built (SLSA) aircraft modification in the near future.

Search on the Van's Web Store for: BAG 3116 - that's the complete kit. We will work on getting that listed better.

The installation is documented on page 08 of RV-12iS Section 23iS/U. That document has been posted to the service information page for the RV-12iS, so you can now access it there. Below is a link to that section plus a screen-grab of the pertinent instructions. If you ordered the knob but do not have the screw that's needed, drop me a PM and I will make sure you get what you need.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service-information-and-revisions/23is-u/

23-IsU_08_grab_knob.png

Last edited:
Is this now a standard part of the iS fuselage kit or perhaps something that ships with the finish kit? If your iS fuse kit didn't include it, what is the part number(s) we should order? Does this include the vent-00004, screws, knobs, etc?

Thank you,

Last edited:
Were the vent knobs an option or standard with the legacy model back in 2015? Or should I ask P/N and price?

Is this now a standard part of the iS fuselage kit or perhaps something that ships with the finish kit? If your iS fuse kit didn't include it, what is the part number(s) we should order? Does this include the vent-00004, screws, knobs, etc?

Thank you,

It is included standard now in fuselages shipped for the RV-12iS.

Were the vent knobs an option or standard with the legacy model back in 2015? Or should I ask P/N and price?

They were not included and did not yet exist in 2015. They can be installed if you like, as the vent door/handle itself is the same as the one we use today. The part numbers are shown in the image in the above post, and include VENT-00004 and the screw depicted in the page-clip.

They were not included and did not yet exist in 2015. They can be installed if you like, as the vent door/handle itself is the same as the one we use today. The part numbers are shown in the image in the above post, and include VENT-00004 and the screw depicted in the page-clip.

Did a search on "The List" and didn't find anything for VENT-00004, but I did find this:
KNOB KIT FOR RECT. SIDEWALL VENT
BAG 3116
$21.00

Is this a bag with the knob and no.4 screw?
Is it for 2 vents and will it fit the 10. The vent some of the part numbers seem to be the same.

Did a search on "The List" and didn't find anything for VENT-00004, but I did find this:
KNOB KIT FOR RECT. SIDEWALL VENT
BAG 3116
$21.00

Is this a bag with the knob and no.4 screw?
Is it for 2 vents and will it fit the 10. The vent some of the part numbers seem to be the same.

Yes

Yes

and Yes. (Greg listed the RV-10 in post #2 above)

Back