What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LOE Arrived!!! PIREP #1

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
3.5hrs from 52F to 5T6. Smooth. Andrews (E11) fuel was $3.88. Past El Capitan under the rim. Awesome pics taken. Rental car OK. Checked into room. Lunch at 'Famous Dave's'. Short rest before heading back out to the field for the afternoon socializing and picture taking.

There seemed to be about 60 or so RVs on the ramp when we arrived (1130 local). WX is looking good for a great turnout. Already met some folks who flew from Florida.

More to come!

Best,
Doug

Tanya and I made it safely. We pretty much followed Falcon flight in and hung out 10mi. north while they finished their "monkey business" :). Landed right behind 'em. Tanya was immediately handing out fresh cookies as we were shutting down. The local setup is top notch.

I won't make it (from Colorado)

High ground winds and 50 knots headwind at a low 12,000' cruise altitude and it is not worth it.

The ramp was close to full when Louise and I arrived about 1500 - still a couple rows left, but man, what a turn-out! Tomorrow promises to be beautiful - I bet they'll find room for everyone that comes....

123 RVs at 5pm Friday

...that was the ramp count per Larry Vetterman. Just in from the evening...went to the sunset social (4 kegs) and then to dinner at Jaxon's with Paul, Louise, Joe and Rob from Van's, Jay, Scott, Rob, Don, Charlie and the other usuals. Then we went over to a bar that one of the friends with us grew up with (lived in El Paso). Nice beer garden. They are still there...I'm too pooped...must sleep.

See you tomorrow!

b,
d

High ground winds and 50 knots headwind at a low 12,000' cruise altitude and it is not worth it.

Yeah boy, blustery all day here in the middle Rio Grande Valley. Forecast for better conditions tomorrow. Any RV'ers heading home, north up the river feel free to stop by E98 (Mid Valley Airpark). We're having a social gathering at my airpark home 4-8pm. 487 Debonair Drive, taxi east on Luscombe lane (off the north end of rwy 18/36 to the house with a kiddie inflato-slide thingy and my white/green C-180 spam wagon out front.

Be safe folks and have fun.

Successful banquet

The LOE '07 banquet looked like a complete success to me. I loved the "Running of the Robs". Some of my pictures are up: http://picasaweb.google.com/jscottcard/LOE07

Doug has really put together something special here. Sorry for flashing you with the camera all night Doug. In payment, I'll be sending you a CD of all the pictures I took in full resolution glory (1024x768 just doesn't do them justice on the web).

For those of you still building, keep at it and get to this event. It is like going to summer camp at RV heaven.

Hoping we all get home safe tomorrow.

Great Time!

Good weather, nice scenery, lots of airplanes....and best of all, terrific RV people!

How does it get any better than that?!

Can't wait to see more of everyone's pictures - Louise and I are headed off to the border lands for a few days (out of 'net contact, but with our PLB!), so we'll have to wait to download cameras until later this week, but I know the views we got from the top of the tram can only be rivaled by the view from an RV.

Thanks again to Red, Larry, and Doug for putting on a GREAT event - finally, the weather lived up to the location.

Paul

Back