What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy D-Sub

Cth6

Well Known Member
I am contemplating adding a 9 pin dsub to make the canopy removal easier. Currently there are multiple devices (uAvonix All in One GPS, an LED light strip and a compass light) on the glare shield that are hard wired back to the panel. Only the Garmin GA35 has a TNC making the disconnect easy.

Thinking inserting the DB9 is a pretty straight forward solution, but wanted to see if the group had a better suggestion.

Last edited:
question

Can you explain? Not sure what the sub-d connector is for regarding the canopy. What does it have to do with uAvionix?

Can you explain? Not sure what the sub-d connector is for regarding the canopy. What does it have to do with uAvionix?

I cleaned up my initial post. Today they are all hard wired and removing the canopy would require removing pins and connectors from multiple locations. For example, the uAvionix is a 3 wire (power, ground and signal) GPS puck that feeds the uAvionx Echo on the sub panel. It was installed directly into the Molex connector on the Echo.

Back