What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show Plane fps

Merbob

I'm New Here
I've recently installed the flap actuator assembly in my RV7, it works normally in the extend, but does not shut off in the retract mode, I have tried the recommended settings from Show Planes website to no avail, I wondered if it is a micro switch problem?

Could be linkage adjustment. You must insure that the FPS hits the switch before the motor reaches the end of it's travel. Suggest you disconnect the motor arm from the flap rod horn and run the motor to see if it will stop before the motor runs out of travel. If it doesn't you will need to move either the FPS clamp on body or clamp on rod until both FPS limit switches activate (i.e. disconnect power to motor) BEFORE the motor rod hits it's internal limits.

Larry

I just replaced mine an it was very temperamental. sometimes it works and shuts off, sometime it doesn't, if it doesn't it just needs to be reversed quickly and then it works fine. Honestly I would just assume have full control of flaps at the switch, None of this 1,2, 4 stuff.

Jon

Back