What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show and Shine.

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
Today was the umpteenth annual Show and Shine event here at Cameron Airpark.

We have lots of cool cars, trucks, motorcycles, and oh yes---planes.

Here is a shot of the main event area----

and from the other direction----

I couldn't pass up this shot for AJ.........

And this one for the "Old School" custom guys.......

Just too cool not to put in this one, an actual Messerschmidt here at little old Cameron Park airport------imagine that-----a Real Messerschmidt!!!!!!!

O.K., you want to see planes, here is one of the cleanest T28 I have ever seen, and a SNJ project that is going to be absolutely amazing when it gets done. This T28 is the only round engine I have ever seen that doesnt "mark its territory" (AKA leak oil)

RV's present were well represented, in design more than quantity----we didnt get a -3, but all of the rest were here-----4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

OOPS, I bumped into the 7 photo limit----see next post.

Next year, I will give advance warning for anyone who wants to fly in, sorry but I didnt think of it in time this year.

Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:
Neato! We gotta do something like this at my airpark. We have two car collectors here and they probably have at least 20 classic rides between them. This would include fully operational Ford model T's.

I noted the hilly terrain of your airpark. I would guess that a parking brake is a "nice to have" in an airplane there.

Ain't nuthin' like airpark living: a neighborhood full of gearheads and wingnuts. Nirvana!

Thanks

Roberta, thanks for the comment.

As to the hilly terrain comment from Brian, it looks worse that it really is due to the effects of using a long lens.

Thanks to all for looking, I hope you enjoy this post.

Yenko

Mike,

Thanks for the posting of this years event.

If I can get done with my Phase I testing I'll fly my 8 up. Thought I would have been done a while ago but all the fires have dampened my progress. Cameron Park is not in my test area.

Is that an original 1968 Yenko Camaro or a clone that was in last years photos??

Ted

I believe the Yenko was a clone--------not sure.

We have a resident who is in the business of restoring muscle cars-----60-70s Chevys mostly. He usually has something neat to display.

This guy is also a local, and pilot. He will likely have a car or two there.

If you have a reasonable amount of time on the plane, you might get your phase 1 area amended to include Cameron Park.

Last edited:
A round engine that does not leak oil? Only one explanation. It's never had oil in it.

wil

If a round engine does not leak oil, it has never had oil in it and never been started. Same thing with British sports cars.

One more reason...

If a round engine does not leak oil, it has never had oil in it and never been started....

Or my Dad owned it.;) It usually took him 6 months to a year after overhaul, but he could get the 220 Continental on his Stearman as dry as a new car. It was no hangar queen, either, with many years over 300 hrs.

Back