What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Mount Corrosion Protection

macrafic

Well Known Member
What are people doing, if anything, to the interior of the engine mount tubing for corrosion protection? Linseed oil, corrosion X, LPS 3, Boeshield T9, ACF-50, ???

If you are doing anything, how do you re-apply after 2-3 years? Initially, there are plenty of holes in the mount for access to the interior. After mounting, however, it is a closed structure.

Those of you with aircraft flying for 15+ years, have you had any corrosion issues? Am I looking for a solution to a non-problem?

And on the same note, how many of you are spraying inside your wings? Or, also, is this a non issue.:confused:

No one to my knowledge has ever brought it up. I collect vintage Italian bikes (pre1983) and have seen some nasty rust on some left out in the weather.I brush the tubes with PB buster anti-corrosion and finish with something called JP wiggles frame saver,AFC-50 or corrosion X I'm sure will work just as well.A little goes a long way as too much will weep forever so go easy.
RHill

Back