What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring the RV 12UL

flightec

I'm New Here
Hi, I asked this on a facebook RV site but didn't get an answer so thought I ask here.

I'm finishing an older RV-12 UL build and I'm just about done with the wire harnesses. I've noted some pictures posted of 12is wiring going straight down and not under the rudder tubes as my 31B drawings stipulate. Is there a change that give relief from running under the tubes? I would LOVE to not have to have all that crammed under the rudder tubes!

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. If anyone is interested, I will do a post on what to look for when buying a used project......as in, how much I'm having to fix....and what will definitely not pass an inspection.

We found that the kit has suffered from technology creep !

As originally designed, the number of cables going that route were less than a more modern version. We used a second passing and used common sense to group the cables in a less restricted manner.

I cannot believe that any inspector would disagree with that.

Thank you for the replies, I kinda felt that might be the case as it is 10 pounds of stuff going into a 5 pound bag!

I'm trying to keep everything to ELSA standard up until I pick my engine, which will most likely make mine an EAB. I'm surprised Van's haven't written an E.O. (Engineering Order) to give some relief on the wire way call out.

Thanks again!
Dave

Back