What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-8 Rudder Paper Plans vs Digital Preview

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
I've decided to not use the -7 rudder supplied in my -7 kit and use the -8 rudder instead. By all accounts, the -8 rudder is the same as the original smaller -7 rudder. Smaller stronger and possibly more tolerant of Vne excursions.

Van's will sell me the -8 rudder kit but not the -8 printed paper plans, although they HAVE sold me the -8 digital preview plans.

Question:
Can anyone tell me if drawing 7 on the preview plans differs from the printed plans?
Posting a photo of drawing 7 and posting works too.

Van's stipulates that the printed plans are to be used for construction NOT the digital plans...I assume this is because the printed plans will contain any updates.

Attachments

• _8-rudder.jpg
    _8-rudder.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 101
I printed out the blew up size from the PDF plan when I was building the -8 rudder and I didn't find any information missing from the PDF plan. There were some differences in the presentation of the vertical stabilizer but all the parts are the same.

My printed plans didn't have the details for the R-00001 nutplate strip, instead just having the old locknut attachment method. I had to use my digital plans to get that detail. Did not notice any other differences.

Back