What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AST assembly - something wrong?

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I've completed the updates of the new anti servo assembly and temporarily installed it on my still yet to be completed RV-12 build. I followed the assembly instructions exactly (I think). Noticed the change from 16" assembly measurement to the new 16-11/16" measurement. Note - this is the first time that I trial fitted AST assembly to my fuselage.

Problem is that the bottom fitting on my AST assembly rubs on the bottom fiberglass fairing with the stabilator resting on the stops in the full down position. I installed the new servo as it came out of the package and have not tried operating it. Also, in order to connect the trim tabs themselves, I have to force the AST assembly into position. So, this is not good.

I know that others have discussed this problem here but I can't find the threads. I will call Van's on Monday but am hopeful that someone here can give a lead as what to change tomorrow.

Thanks, Ed

Van?s support confirmed the dimension should not have changed. It should be 16-11/16?. The metric dimension is correct.

Back