What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Dolly

cwreeves

Hi guys,
Has anyone in the RV community used the Aero-roller 1000 for moving around their aircraft in the hangar. I'm trying to make room for my RV-7 in my T-40 hangar. I'd like to find out how easy it is to roll the plane up on the dolly's? My plan is to put my KR-2 on the dolly's and roll it back into the narrow section of the hangar. Any information would be helpful before I order a set.
Charlie, RV-7 Painting

I bought a set so that I could get my RV-10 (still under construction, but on the gear and with engine hung) into a 2 car garage that only had single size doors. This meant that it had to go in at an angle and be able to slide sideways to get it to fit. Getting the plane onto the aero-rollers was fairly easy, although you may need two people depending on the weight of the plane. The other thing to keep in mind is that whatever surface you're rolling on has to be absolutely flat. The rollers have about 1/2" or less clearance on the bottom, so if you've got to take them over a lip or a surface that is uneven, they'll tend to bottom out. Overall I was satisfied with the purchase.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Dolly's

PJ,
Thanks for your reply with good info. My KR-2 weighs 585 lbs so it should go on fairly easily. From the picture in the Acft Spruce catalog you can't tell much. There appears to be a small rod across the back? Is this a chock for the tire? I'll be ordering a set in the morning. Thanks again.
Charlie

Yep, the rod in the back just slides in there and helps keep the tire on the dolly. Basically to get the plane onto the thing, you remove the rod, place the open end of the dolly on the ground at the bottom of the tire, and then pull the tire/push the dolly until the tire rolls up onto the dolly/the dolly rolls under the tire. Then you put the rod in and that pretty much holds it in place.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Back