What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shuttle, Houston: Personalized copies now available

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
Moderators please note: Post pre-approved by Doug Reeves

Great news! We have partnered with our pals Emily and Mike at Speleobooks to provide autographed/specially inscribed copies of Ironflight's (Paul Dye) book at a great price. Paul is a long-time contributor to this forum and Editor-at-Large of KITPLANES magazine. The book is a compilation of stories from his 33 years with NASA's Space Shuttle program...from STS-1 through STS-135.

Gene Kranz wrote:
An excellent portrait of Mission Control, the teams, and the later missions. This should be required reading for anyone aspiring to be part of human space flight, as well as all scientists, engineers, project managers of any kind, and anyone considering a career in a highly complex field or program.
―Gene Kranz, Former Flight Director, NASA, and author Failure Is Not an Option

Please go to the Speleobooks site to check out the details and order:
https://speleobooks.secure-mall.com...fe-in-the-Center-Seat-of-Mission-Control-3258

Christmas is coming!

I have this book and enjoyed the read VERY MUCH. Right there in the center of my space history book collection!

Great stocking stuffer!!!!

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Yep, this will go great with my books by our good friend, Rich Graham.

Glad to see some folks taking advantage of this - we’ve been trying to figure out a way to get folks autographed copies in a world with no in-person events, and having Speleobooks step in to help is making that possible! I signed a bunch today, so there seems to be a good response so far - thanks!

Paul

Grateful

Thanks a lot Paul, for the gesture.

It will be a real honor for me to have a signed copy of your amazing book.

Thanks so much for the great inspiration!

I hope many more will take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Sincerely,

Juan

Thanks for your purchases

Orders from VAF folks have been rolling in to the extent that our partner, Speleobooks.com, is making their fourth wholesale order from the publisher (Hatchett Book Group) today. Paul is signing personalized inscriptions every day and we are grateful for your interest.

We appreciate this VAF outlet since we can’t see you at shows. Enjoy your weekend!

https://speleobooks.secure-mall.com...fe-in-the-Center-Seat-of-Mission-Control-3258

Christmas presents?

Speleobooks continues to receive daily requests for personalized inscriptions on Ironflight's book, SHUTTLE, HOUSTON: My Life in the Center Seat of Mission Control and we are grateful. But, as a reminder, it takes extra time to personalize the inscription so it is best to get any requests for Christmas in right away. (Non-personalized, signed copies take about a week less time to arrive.)

Again, thank you for all the interest!

Attachments

• ShuttleHouston Cover.jpg
    ShuttleHouston Cover.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 114
Glad to see some folks taking advantage of this - we’ve been trying to figure out a way to get folks autographed copies in a world with no in-person events, and having Speleobooks step in to help is making that possible! I signed a bunch today, so there seems to be a good response so far - thanks!

Paul

The acronyms and abbreviations are impossible to remember. A list of all of them in the back of the book would be very welcome.

Regards,

The acronyms and abbreviations are impossible to remember. A list of all of them in the back of the book would be very welcome.

In retrospect, I wish I had pushed harder on that, but my Editor didn’t want to add one, and getting a book to print is collaborative, so you don’t win them all....;)

But thank for buying one Pierre!

NASA acronyms

Regards,

I understand, Pierre. When I was helping to prepare Paul's manuscript for submission, I found this site useful. It didn't have everything, but it helped a lot. You might want to keep the site handy while reading the book.

Speleobooks just put in their fifth wholesale order. Thank you, everyone, for your interest.

Back