What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Converting carbureted to injection

redhawk

Well Known Member
I’ve got a O320D2A on my RV3B, and am curious about changing to fuel injected.
Curious about experiences of folks who’ve done this and what the process involves, etc…
Cheers…

I did this on my first RV (new O-360-A1A from Van’s) as back then there were no IO options offered for a parallel valve engine. I never even took the carb out of the shipping box, just sold it.

I ordered a vertical induction AFP FM-150 kit from AirFlow Performance and bolted it on. That was the easy part. The harder part was making cable bracket for mixture and throttle as none were available to just buy. This part is now much easier for you.

Other things:
- You must replace the existing fuel pump with the high pressure version. Available everywhere (I got mine from ACS).
- You must install a high pressure boost pump and associated inline filter. I got both from AirFlow Performance.
- You must eliminate whatever you are using for carb heat. In its place you add and alternate air door. The kit Van’s sells (the guillotine type) works well when installed on the bottom of you filter air box. Add a piece of aluminum while you are at it.

Carl

597-F328-A-E5-B9-4689-9365-E056-DF780-C6-C.jpg

D1-EAE7-AA-ECBD-41-C6-B0-AE-F0-DCDE507948.jpg

Back