camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > GPS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgarcia View Post
GFlyer

Thanks.. I order the bare wire (PN 010-123731-01) today. I had the other wire in use before (010-12373-02), the one that Garmin sells that is enclosed with a Y to connect the 660 to the GDL-50 and a Cigarette Lighter adaptor to power both.

I thought that the cradle part of that cable. Was cabled the same as the bare wire one. I thought since it had the same cables colors (I opened) it was wired the same and it is not.

I bought the bare wire. And once it arrives I'll try to re-use the other Y part of my previous cable, I don't want to loose the Cigarette Adapter and the Y to the GDL-50.

Hopefully it will work.
Caguas, donde estudie desde 5to y me gradue del Colegio San Jose !
Sadly sold my RV-8 however still trying to enjoy life by living on my airport with FREE campsites & facilities for ALL visiting pilots to enjoy www.facebook.com/VacaMooAirport/ & flying my OnSpeed equipped C-177 while waiting for the RV15 !

Exempt by 3 out of the 10 ways but I still donated.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:21 PM

Does anyone have any tricks for storing a waypoint that doesn't involve about 5 button pushes to save and return to the map screen?

Oh for the good old days before touch screen. :P
Old 03-29-2022, 11:39 PM

Default Exchange of flight plans between area 660 / 760 and SkyDemon

One try more.....thanks for answer.

Hi Steve,

I saw a video the area 660 worked great together with Foreflight. Have a look. https://youtu.be/mBnv88S4tj4
Wondering why it does not work with SkyDemon? It would be great if area 660 / 760 can share and exchange data like Foreflight can do. The SkyDemon NAV app is very popular and widely used in Europe, especially in UK, Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy,... It would become to a backup solution to exchange flight plans between area devices series and SkyDemon. This is may a good reason to sell more devices into the market as a backup solution for less reliable tablet solutions.

Regards
gflyer