What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brush-on or Stick-on wing walk?

Dave12

Well Known Member
The paint on the 12 is just about finished and I am considering what to use for wing walk. Looking for advice from the pro's?

I went with the stick on pad because the brush on doesn't look good to me.

Also, you can easily remove the stick on, if you ever have to.

I applied my kit supplied ones before paint and removed them for paint. Obviously, I needed new ones. I found some white walk on surface stuff at a local skate board shop that color matched the paint better. A whole sheet was $6, enough to do both sides twice. I like the idea of being able to remove it and replace it easily wih a heat gun. The rivets pose no real issue.

Dude! I was the oldest "dude" to ever set foot in the skate board shop. LoL

Last edited:
The stick ons are the best for my money. If you use the brush-on and decide you don't like it you are in the "we have a problem Houston" situation.
Dick Seiders

The brush-on ones are the best for my money. If you use the stick-on and decide you don't like it you are in... sorry, that was too easy.

Actually, I used the stick-ons vans sells. So far, it's all good.

Larry you should take some of the sketer dudes up and show them how to "get air"

I applied my kit supplied ones before paint and removed them for paint. Obviously, I needed new ones. I found some white walk on surface stuff at a local skate board shop that color matched the paint better. A whole sheet was $6, enough to do both sides twice. I like the idea of being able to remove it and replace it easily wih a heat gun. The rivets pose no real issue.

Dude! I was the oldest "dude" to ever set foot in the skate board shop. LoL

Back