What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is the RV-12 worth?

Dave12

Well Known Member
I know this has been discussed previously, but does anyone have any info. on recent sales? I saw a nice 12 at the Rotax booth at Osh Kosh for sale, does anyone know if it sold and if so, a ballpark figure?

RV-12 Price

Look at Barnstormers...there are a few RV-12's and RV-12 projects listed for sale with prices shown.

An RV-12 sold for $105,000 in Omaha, NE just a few months ago.

PM sent.

Last edited:
You Go Man.

GO TEAM LARRY!:) Your my Hero. What will be your next project?
Dave why do you ask this question?

Last edited:
GO TEAM LARRY!:) Your my Hero. What will be your next project?

The one I was talking about was not mine, it is a buddy of mine in my EAA Chapter 80 in Omaha. A confirmed sale for $105K. Pretty cool!

Last edited:
quite a bit

The RV-12 will cost about $70,000 - $75,000 to build by the time you pay shipping and sales tax and paint and accessories and miscellaneous. If you add a year's wages to that, it is quite a bit. The plane is worth whatever the seller is willing to let his beloved project go for and whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I would not want to sell my plane at cost after all of the work I put into it. Some other brands of aircraft sell for less than what the parts cost. It is a good thing that I decided to build an RV.
Joe

RV-12 kit with all options - 75K
Tools with all the extras - 1.4K
Building the plane - ???

Flying a plane I built myself for the next 20 - 30 years - Priceless.

Last edited:
Back