What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument Panel Cutting

jsisk

There are several excellent full-service sources for custom panels in the RV community. If you are looking for a company for quick turn for CNC panel cutting (not finishing), I can recommend Steve Hampton at www.actky.com in Nicholasville, KY. They have worked with me and other RV-14 builders so they have the panel shapes and cutouts for many of the common switches and components. They provided full polycarbonate samples for fit, then routed aluminum finals. Very reasonable.

Attachments

• RV-14 Panel cutting 20210928.jpg
    RV-14 Panel cutting 20210928.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 186
I printed out my panel on paper and glued it to the panel and cut by hand. If you use a steel straight edges and the correct tools you can do a near perfect job in a few hours.

Bill at Up North Aviation made the layout drawing and cut the panel for our RV14. It was perfect. I had the blank panel ship from Van’s direct to him. His price was very reasonable.

My Partner Steve also does panel design and cutting--WE have 2 of these CNC routers, 1 in his shop, and one in the production shop.

I am looking at 'another use' for the routers!!

Tom

Attachments

• CNC Router.jpg
    CNC Router.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 174
Back