What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tank test - AN737TW-24 clamp

iamtheari

Well Known Member
Page 18-09 figure 2 shows the EA HOSE H177 X 3 being attached to the air valve and the tank fitting with clamps identified as AN737TW-24. That should be a thumbwheel hose clamp opening 1/2"-3/4", according to what I can find online. I don't see such a part in the packing list of my wing kit. Is this under a different part number in the packing list, or should I just go buy a couple 1/2-3/4" hose clamp at the local hardware store? (Or use safety wire to clamp the hose in place...)

From memory

I believe mine was in a plastic bag labeled tank test kit along with the rubber hose section. In absence, any clamp will work as you mentioned. A similar size or even safety wire will work. Either way, you will want to test around that seal as well to insure no leaks at the testing surface.

I believe mine was in a plastic bag labeled tank test kit along with the rubber hose section. In absence, any clamp will work as you mentioned. A similar size or even safety wire will work. Either way, you will want to test around that seal as well to insure no leaks at the testing surface.
My fuel tank test kit consisted of the valve, AN929-6D cap, F 1/4 PIPE PLUG, and instructions. The hose was in bag 3018-1, with a couple of bushings and aileron bellcrank brackets.

The only clamp I can find in the wing kit are two DYNAFLO #10 SS HOSE CLAMP 0.50 - 1, in bag 3011-1 with the snap bushings and zip ties. I suspect those are intended for the fuel tank test, but I don't really like the fit on the rubber hose so I think I'll buy smaller clamps. The dynaflo clamp squashed the hose out of round, causing a leak at the valve.

I had to purchase a smaller clamp, since my kit also came with a much larger one not well suited for this purpose.

_Alex

Back