What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will fly for Food!

Ditto

Great video Smitty. I agree that is a nice FBO and good place to grab some lunch.

I did one of my first x-countries there and was sick when I got there. Had to sit for a while before returning home. Nothing to do with the FBO and I hadn’t eaten at the diner. I think it was nerves and rough air. The folks were very kind to a green, green pilot.

The Russian, Vlad and I took that trip to get some lunch a couple of years ago in his RV-9A. At the time I was amazed that he had 300 hours on his plane. Wow look at him now.

Last edited:
The part that we left out on the video was a trip into the town of Sulphur Springs. The FBO loaned us their airport car. He wanted us to see the clear glass bathrooms in the town square. They are mirrored glass structures, one for men and one for woman. When you go in and "sit down" you can see out through the mirrored glass, but no one can see in (I hope). It felt really weird.

Glass Walled Sulphur Springs Public Toilets

Hmmmm

Wow....for your town to be famous for having mirrored bathrooms:confused: i think its a bad reflection on the town:D:D

Of course i have never been there but i hope the name of the town has no reality of how the scent of the atmosphere is around the area:)

Red Barn Cafe ; American Legend Cub

Took a trip to Sulphur Springs with a friend in his RV-6 this week.
Such a great plane and so fun to get there so fast.
We visited the American Legend Aircraft Co and we were really impressed with their Cubs and Super Cubs. Makes you want to own two planes.
Walked across the street to the Red Barn Cafe and had a great breakfast.
We weren't sure they were open for breakfast because everything on the internet talked about lunch and dinner.
So, the following are the restaurant hours from a sign at the very beautiful Sulphur Springs Airport terminal:
Red Barn Cafe
Mon-Thurs. 7:00 am -2:00 pm
Fri & Sat 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun. 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
The sign also said No Smoking Permitted.
Cash only. No credit cards accepted.

Last edited:
Back