What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aileron bellcrank

RV10Man

Well Known Member
What am I missing? The plans show an AN4-32A bolt to mount the bellcrank, but the hole in the bellcrank is 3/8". The holes in the mount are 1/4".

I thought about that too. I haven't studied the plans really close, but I don't see a bushing in the "exploded" views.

Yep, there should be a brass bushing, that per the plans (note 1) "must be 1/64 - 1/32 longer than the steel bellcrank tube. Shorten brass bushing or steel tube as required."

Chris

I thought about that too. I haven't studied the plans really close, but I don't see a bushing in the "exploded" views.

They don't show it in the exploded view, I guess it would be hidden inside the bellcrank anyways, but it is called out along with the bolt specs, and also in Note 1, just to the upper right of the exploded drawing, (Dwg 9, Detail B)

Chris

Brass Bushing

See Note #1 on right hand side of DWG. 9. This is called for under the AN4-32 Hardware listed at this location.

Thanks guys......like I said, I hadn't studied the plans in depth. I guess I just got in a hurry to ask.lol

Back