What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Michelin AIRSTOP tubes?

noelf

Well Known Member
I am looking for the Michelin AIRSTOP tubes for my RV-6A nose wheel. The tube size is 11 x 400-5 and the 90* tire valve. I have not been able to find the tube in AIRSTOP and not even listed on the Michelin web site. Am I just missing something here or is this size tube really not available?

I do have the "LEAKGUARD" tube but I have found that they need air every few weeks. I would like to replace it with something less prone to leak air.

I am looking for the Michelin AIRSTOP tubes for my RV-6A nose wheel. The tube size is 11 x 400-5 and the 90* tire valve. I have not been able to find the tube in AIRSTOP and not even listed on the Michelin web site. Am I just missing something here or is this size tube really not available?

I do have the "LEAKGUARD" tube but I have found that they need air every few weeks. I would like to replace it with something less prone to leak air.

....They don't offer it and quality tubes in this size are non existent for aircraft. We have found some intended for large commercial lawnmowers that are very good. Thanks, Allan...:D

I replaced my nose wheel/tire with a Beringer tubeless.. no more tube problems. Yes, expensive. Haven't lost a pound in a year.

Back