What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFll Boost pump cover

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
To any of you out there using the model BPM-1 EFll boost pump. Did you fabricate your own cover or did you use the one that comes with Van's Air flow pump? Can you order just the installation kit from Vans without ordering their pump? Anyone out there who would like to share their RV-7 installation photos, I would appreciate it.
Allen

Yes, you can just order the parts for the FI cover from Van's. That's what I did. It fits, but it is a tight fit. Make sure you also order the plans for the FI kit, since that has some dimensions you will need. I bought a special male swivel angle AN fitting from Bonaco to make it work.

IMG_1996-M.jpg

IMG_1998-M.jpg

IMG_2011-M.jpg

I also bought a piece of aluminum sheet .063 from Vans as a platform for the pump. I cut off the downward bends on the center tunnel cover and replaced that with some aluminum angle to fit inside the floor longerons. Lots more photos and commentary on what I did on my web site under the Fuselage/Cabin Interior album.

Hey do you know the part number for that cover

Hey do you know the part number for that boost pump cover??

Trying to order from vans

Hey do you know the part number for that boost pump cover??

Trying to order from vans

F-7115A FUEL PUMP BRACKET $21.75
F-7115B-L FUEL PUMP SIDE COVER $9.30
F-7115B-R FUEL PUMP SIDE COVER $9.30
F-7115C FUEL PUMP TOP COVER $17.50

I used Bruce's approach, but my implementation is slightly different. My fuel lines are routed differently. Take a look a Bruce's website. He documented it really well. Its a tight fit for sure and depending on how the fuel lines are routed around the fuel valve you will need to adjust your plan. The pump is pretty long for the cover size when you consider the tubing bend radius so you have to get it just in the right spot for it to fit and to get clearances for all of the tubing.

Attachments

• fuel_pump_and_lines.jpg
    fuel_pump_and_lines.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 122
Trying to find installation pics of a FlyEFII boost pump and an Aerolab Gascolator is the tricky one. Think I might have to modify Vans doghouse to fit that scenario.

Garet---look at this pic, but dont pay any attention to the 2 filters. BUT the location of the pump on the floor cover. In that location, the pump DOES fit under the stock Vans cover.
NOW with the AeroLabs gascolator that you want to use, it makes its install VERY TIGHT, and you have to do it first. Mainly because of the inlet fitting to selector valve connection. That is the constraining factor.

Once the gascolator is set into position, and its connection to the valve is done, the pump placement and its connection to the gascolator can be fabricated.
2nd pic shows the stock cover. You 'may' have to change the forward side alittle to gain some clearance because of the pump location. I cant tell you that without kknow the exact location of the gascolator, and the pump. You actually 'could' open the front of the cover for the clearance. You wont see it anyway.

Sometimes, 1 off installs are a real PITA. It all depends on what you want to end up with.

Tom

Tom

Attachments

• EFii pump with filters RV7.jpg
    EFii pump with filters RV7.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 136
  • RV7 EFII install 2 with cover.jpg
    RV7 EFII install 2 with cover.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 108
Back