What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 “professional” built in Brazil?

jhflying

I'm New Here
<SNIP>...there’s a 2010 RV-10 for sale by a broker that states “professionally built in South America.” Huh, I wondered what magic they did to get it registered by the FAA.

I pulled the registration and low-n-behold it’s registered as Experimental - Exhibition. Doesn’t that come with serious limitations? Seems like snake oil selling to me. Is this a common loophole for the foreign built RV’s from Brazil and Lithuania?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
South Florida Sport Aviation (sfsportaviation.com) comes to mind. They're an advertiser here and make nice stuff. Maybe check them out.

Experimental - Exhibition is very different than Experimental Amateur Build.

This is not my area of expertise, but I'm sure others can chime in. This doesn't seem like they got around the rules at all, but there may be some serious limitations on this professionally built aircraft that a potential buyer may not be aware of.

It’s not getting around the rules at all. Exhibition is the category they put non EAB aircraft that do not have a type certificate. It is restrictive to very restrictive depending on the paperwork. Basically, it requires a program letter stating all shows you are going to attend and when. It may limit passenger carriage, and might contain fight restricted areas, limits agains IFR flight. Ect.

Back