What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Harold VanDeHey

josnooze

Sponsor
Over three years ago I purchased a partially built RV9A kit that was originally purchased and started by Harold VanDeHey in the Portland, OR area. Although I never spoke with him directly we conversed with numerous texts and emails over the next three years as I completed the aircraft he began. His initial workmanship was excellent and in his honor I chose the tail number 762VH to honor his work.
Harold's wife called me last night to say that he had passed away on 29 January, finally losing his long battle with mesothelioma. She told me that Harold had delighted in knowing the aircraft he had started back in 2003 was now finished and flying. Blue skies on your flight west my friend and my prayers for your family's loss.
Joe Simpson
Knoxville, TN

Joe,
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I can imagine Harold was very pleased to know you completed his dream. We all put so many thougths and dreams into our projects and it is a shame when life gets in the way of completing them. Good on you for completing one!
RIP Harold....
Highest Regards Joe.

Back