What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No front page today. Mom is in the hospital.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Mom is in the hospital in Waco, having fallen twice in the past two days. I'm with her. CT scans, MRI, etc. Understandably no front page today, maybe not Monday. She's beaten up pretty bad, with bruised ribs and a strained neck. There is some swelling in the brain, hence the MRI. We're praying. And we could use all the prayers we can get.
I'll have limited computer access, and will try to check in in a few days.

Doug

Get well soon, Mamma Reeves

We're all thinking about you, Ma'am, and we want you back on your feet soon. God bless you.

Doug, you be where you need to be.

Sending out prayers for a speedy recovery and complete healing for Momma - May God be with all the Reeves family members as you get thru this trying time.

I will be praying and pass it on to my wife prayer group, anything you need back here you have my number.
Tim

Praying for your mom's speedy and complete recovery. Moms are special, and I'm sure yours is extra special.

MOM

Doug,
I hope she is doing fine. You've got to admire a lady that loves NASCAR!
Builder Doll and I will add her to our prayer list. Please update us on her progress.

This is a tough season of life. We are praying that the Lord would give you the strength to be the person your mom needs you to be at this time in her life, that her pain might diminish, and her strength return.

Moms are important. Be there. Hold her hand.... and don't worry about Vans for a few days...
What ever it takes.

Our prayers go out to you and your family. I have a really good friend, he's like my adopted father, going through the same thing.

You and your Mom have our prayers!! My Mom just went through that and recovered. It was a scare but she's OK now and your Mom will be, too!!

Roberta

Prayers from Norway your Mom and the rest of your family Doug!

Give her a good and strong hug from us too!

Update #1: Bad news....

Thank you for the kind words at this difficult time.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of more bad news, but all the indicators point to Mom having lung cancer, and it has spread to her brain. They just wheeled her back in from getting a sample to send out for testing. We'll know for sure next Tuesday, the Dr. said. She is 79, and a lifelong smoker.

I'll be in and out in regards to reachability, and it pains me greatly to be the bearer of such horrible, life changing news. I know we're in your prayers, and I've been reading her the many replies in this thread at her bedside.

You are my extended family and your words mean so very much.

God Bless You,
Doug and family

Prayers for your Mom and especially for you and your family that you may be strong for her during these times.

Back