What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwheel Transporter II

ConAgraPilot

Anybody know if the Tailwheel Transporter (Dan Perry) is still being sold? I see that they still advertise here and the website is still up but they have not returned calls or emails. Their website shows all models are out of stock.

Thanks for any info,
Michael

I need a good solution for dragging a plane around with Vince?s tailwheel. Any suggestions?
George

I have a Bell TW fork on my 7. Just use a Bogi Bar to haul the plane in and out of the hangar. The ramp is fairly level so not much of an issue.

Michael,

I have a Tailwheel Transporter. I dislike it because it's large, heavy, takes up a lot of hangar space, and is clumsy to use because it's a) large and heavy, and b) the handle is not centered on the tailwheel axis, so applying direct force causes the airplane to turn slightly sideways. In order to go straight, you need to operate the device like an IKEA shopping cart. These are just my opinions, so take it as one man's honest review. But I really feel like it's an over-engineered solution in search of a problem.

I now use a Bogert Aviation towbar that's custom made to fit the RV. It's light, cheap, easier and faster to use, and takes up zero hangar floor space (just hang it on the wall). They have a demo video on the website. I highly recommend their product.

Michael,

I have a Tailwheel Transporter. I dislike it because it's large, heavy, takes up a lot of hangar space, and is clumsy to use because it's a) large and heavy, and b) the handle is not centered on the tailwheel axis, so applying direct force causes the airplane to turn slightly sideways. In order to go straight, you need to operate the device like an IKEA shopping cart. These are just my opinions, so take it as one man's honest review. But I really feel like it's an over-engineered solution in search of a problem.

I now use a Bogert Aviation towbar that's custom made to fit the RV. It's light, cheap, easier and faster to use, and takes up zero hangar floor space (just hang it on the wall). They have a demo video on the website. I highly recommend their product.

Thank you for the review, I?m planning on getting a Bogi-Bar as well. I have a friend who has the Transporter II and really likes it. So far there has been no response from them so I guess I?ll stick to plan A.

Cheers,
Michael

Back