What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix Harness Build

plbarrett2004

Hello All,

I'm in need of a little help figuring out how exactly to mate ignition wires to my bendix mag. As way of background, I bought my IO-360 A3B6D used. It included a mag (what was a D series dual mag single drive) that has been converted to a single mag and had a full overhaul. The mag did not include the plate or the lead harness. I have a electroair EI as my other source of ignition. I was able to source an old harness to get a new plate, and I bought the following harness from aircraft spruce:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/shieldedharness.php?clickkey=3521

My question is this - how exactly do i terminate the wire leads that attach to the magneto itself? Included in the package from Aircraft Spruce are some small eyelets and screws. "Instructions" are also included. The instructions are 2 sentences that describe how to crimp.

It looks like maybe screws go on one end and you crimp the other? But there are only 4 screws and 8 eyelets for crimping.

Any advice help appreciated as to how to install these is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6536.jpg
    IMG_6536.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 16
Back