What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VP-X ?

I've installed the VP-X Pro and I'm extremely happy with it. It dramatically simplifies wiring and more importantly makes changes far easier. I have quite a lot of pictures and descriptions of the installation at my site.

Love my VP-X Pro so far!

The most painful part of installing and using the VP-X is figuring out how to get those power pins out of the connectors if you need to...

Check out this thread around page 5 for my recent experience with the VP-X Pro.

Last edited:
An electronic breaker is good for 600 bazillion cycles!

Hey, someone always brings it up eventually ;)

vpx

I thought it was 620 bazillion???

I agree with a (+ or -) swag factor of 50 Bazillion :D

I went with the VPX in my RV12 EAB and would do it again. VPX also controls wigwag and trim servo speed.

vpx_01.jpg

Early installation wiring

vpx_03.jpg

With the GRT display for VPX

Great system!

I'm also on the fence and I was going to ask the same question. I don't want to to hijack your thread but I was also going to ask what is the main reason so many seem to choose the Pro over the Sport?

I'm also on the fence and I was going to ask the same question. I don't want to to hijack your thread but I was also going to ask what is the main reason so many seem to choose the Pro over the Sport?

Price and how many devices or circuits I needed for the avionics I had planned. I believe I have only 8 circuits free with my install.

Go on line and use their planner http://planner.verticalpower.com/

Last edited:
...what is the main reason so many seem to choose the Pro over the Sport?

Eight more power circuits (32 vs 24). I was close to using all of the Sport's circuits and didn't want to run out if I added something. Plus, the Pro has a dual bank setup for extra redundancy.

This is the only aircraft I've wired but it seems quite a bit easier for a rookie than the traditional way. Especially the trim wires. I layed in the first two bundles last night.

More that circuit breakers

I went with it not just for the circuit breakers, but also wig-wag, starter safety, trim safety etc etc etc. Fuses are cheap, but when I looked at all the individual controllers I needed to buy, it was much cheaper to have it all in one box. Just my opinion.

Back