What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Private Pilot

CFI1513840

Well Known Member
I am happy to report that my lovely wife Terri, RV-7 building partner and riveter extraordinare, passed her Private Pilot checkride on Friday and is now a certified pilot. Next step: tailwheel endorsement.

TerriCheckride3.JPG

Congratulations to you both!

I've often wistfully cogitated my wife at the controls of Smokey, thinking that maybe we'd fly more places together if she were a pilot as well.

Then I come home to see her poring over three cookbooks, gooey stuff flying everywhere, just trying to make dinner. I then imagine her planning a cross-country flight, sectionals spread all over the floor, pencil lines going everywhere ...

Guess I'll stick to my solo hobby. Good luck to you both! :D

Congrats Terri!

I hope that one day, my wife will consider getting her ticket. Transitioning between the 152 and the 7 will be quite a "step up" to say the least. Have fun!

Persistence pays off

Terri's first flying lesson was 25 years ago, with many breaks in between. She loves to fly and was determined to get her license. Hopefully, her success will inspire others.

Much appreciation to Vicki at the Ft. Meade Flying Club, http://www.fortmeadeflyingactivity.org, who completed her training and got her ready for her checkride.

congrats to her...always good to see new pilots join the fraternity...and the tailwheel endorsement will be a kick for her too. Of all the hats I've worn...as we all know, being an aviator is by far the best.

Fantastic news!! Congrats to Terri, and I wish her well in the transition to tailwheel flying!

Straight and level

The 152 doesn't spend much time in a hanger.
Well done. Altitude is everything and don't close the door on your purse.

Nice goin'

Congratulations!!! Tailwheel checkout, now comes the REAL fun... is she a good tap dancer? :p She will love it.

thats great! my wife raced her 03 corvette and took 1st place NCCC eastern region, them my wife solo'd a C172 in 5 hrs!!! then the impressed instructor said ok, great next lesson we're talking to the tower! she hasn't flown since, that was 4 yrs ago. heck, she has only flown 2 times with me since. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!!!
sad single pilot
fred
ps instructor told me her solo landing wasnt pretty but the airplane wasnt hurt, but he didn't touch the controls. oh well

Congrats, but no tailwheel to train in??

Didn't they have a Decathlon or something that she could have done her primary in?
:):)

The look on her face tells it all! I know the story before reading it, just from that look.
Congratulations!

Back