What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemke interiors package

keitht

Well Known Member
Just received my seats and interior package from Lemke. Excellent quality and fit. Very easy Company to work with and very good pricing. International shipping from Germany is slow (took one month) but arrived safely in very adequate packaging. Will post pictures when have the final install completed. Construction of seats and interior panels differs from the US domestic suppliers (at least the examples I have looked at) for those concerned that these seats are copies of the domestic products.

KT

Keith I?ve got one on order too. Heard nothing but good things on the interior package. I?m about 16 weeks out for delivery.

Robert is very easy to work with. The hardest and most difficult part was my choosing the ultraleather colors from all the samples Robert sent me.

Anxious to see yours.....congrats

Mine is on its way. I took advantage of the special free shipping offer on a full leather interior they were running at the time I ordered.

Seat backs

If you build the seat back panels to the Vans drawings then the Lemke seat backs should fit - I ordered the seat back with headrest and mine fit perfectly.
The seat bottoms can be specified for a best position fit ( length) on one of the three sets of piano hinge fittings of your choice. If you have components that are built off plans. (I rebuilt the fuel injected aux fuel pump cover to be 0.5 inches longer to work with the andair fuel valve - did a drawing of the cover and got the carpet cover built exactly to drawing) then you need to note the changes needed.
KT

Woo-hoo just got the email from Robert with the stitching sample photos. He sent them so I could pick out what stitching color I wanted. Can't wait to see it!

Anyone install and fly with these yet?

Anxious to hear how they are wrt to comfort and fit . . . any feedback would be great! Pictures too!

I have worked with him and I have flow my Lemke seats and love them. If anyone wants to sit in my six, feel free. If you mention my name. He will give you a discount. *full disclosure*

I didn’t find floor carpet on their website. Do they make it? My AeroClassic is so worn out I am ashamed even to take a passenger :) Their carpet is an outstanding sound proofing, look and comfort but for a premium price. Wondering what Lemke offers?

Yes he does carpets. Waiting on my order to finish when they get back from the holidays. He special made mine as 2 pieces for the left and right as I didn't want the tunnel covered. If you open his order form you will see it there.

Jay

Yes he does carpets. Waiting on my order to finish when they get back from the holidays. He special made mine as 2 pieces for the left and right as I didn't want the tunnel covered. If you open his order form you will see it there.

Jay

Thanks Jay! Please post the carpet picture when you receive the interior.

Jay

I wish they had the carpet package back when I ordered the interior for my RV-9A. Oh well,,,,. We need to convince Lemke now to get into the RV-10 interiors next!

Lemke interior and carpet

Thanks Jay! Please post the carpet picture when you receive the interior.

Vlad,

I recently installed a full Lemke interior that included carpeting. Robert was a pleasure to work with and mailed out swatches of the BMW leather choices and sent photos of the Mercedes carpets to select from during the design process. Next he sent CAD images of several design choices to get me thinking. Ultimately, I mixed and matched and came up with my own design that looks even better now that it is installed! Great service and product...highly recommend.

Attachments

• 80DCFE07-2616-4A24-9E6B-B62A1C0C4C4A.jpg
    80DCFE07-2616-4A24-9E6B-B62A1C0C4C4A.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 485
  • 4C4552DF-D943-41B9-BE15-BE06094E1ED2.jpg
    4C4552DF-D943-41B9-BE15-BE06094E1ED2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 482
Thanks Mitch very nice colors. Beautiful design. On the carpet are those patches detachable? Do you have a picture of the foam on the other side of the floor carpet by any chance? From my experience the foam eventually compresses under foot pressure and leaves a permanent indentation in the carpet. Believe it or not but your heel may get caught there for a split second. Usually it happens while intensively working the rudder. Sounds funny but it takes your attention :)

Thanks Mitch very nice colors. Beautiful design. On the carpet are those patches detachable? Do you have a picture of the foam on the other side of the floor carpet by any chance? From my experience the foam eventually compresses under foot pressure and leaves a permanent indentation in the carpet. Believe it or not but your heel may get caught there for a split second. Usually it happens while intensively working the rudder. Sounds funny but it takes your attention :)

If that patch is held on with velcro, you should be able to make a SS plate and adhere velcro to the back of them.

Larry

Vlad,

I will try and shoot a photo of the bottom when I get out next time. I can see where the foam could compress over time.

The heel pads are detachable and can be located to where your heal sits. When I ordered the carpet I did not even know it was going to include the heel pads and was thinking I would install a stainless heel plate on to of the carpet for the reasons you stated. I have been trying it out “as is” for a while to see if that is the direction I take.

Teaser

I got an email that my interior will ship today. :D Robert was only able to send a pic of the seat back. So here it is.

Attachments

• E711D11B-E3FA-4505-97D5-1CBDF0067AE7.jpg
    E711D11B-E3FA-4505-97D5-1CBDF0067AE7.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 547
Rob Lemke is the man! Does the best work around and the prices can't be beat!

I hope everyone is giving him my name for a discount!:D

Enjoy your new Interior, I know I love mine!

Dmat

Lemke -14A photos

I had a PM for photos of my Lemke interior, so decided to post them here.

Attachments

• IMG-4393.jpg
    IMG-4393.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG-4394.jpg
    IMG-4394.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 402
Ryan

What is the color of your sheepskin seat covers? I am also getting sheepskin from Lemke and have not decided on a color yet.

Thanks

I had a PM for photos of my Lemke interior, so decided to post them here.

Did he do the side panels and carpets as well ?

3 guys have his seats locally, all very good quality. He is currently arranging to measure up a 10 for seats and interior but we are still lock ed down for travel, so it will be summer at the earliest.

Ryan

What is the color of your sheepskin seat covers? I am also getting sheepskin from Lemke and have not decided on a color yet.

Thanks

This is a copy of my order form with the colors. One thing to note is that these are the low back seats, which actually go a few inches above the top the seatback frame. I can't imagine having the higher back seats & still having baggage access.

Attachments

• 2021-03-08_6-39-35.jpg
    2021-03-08_6-39-35.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 260
Did he do the side panels and carpets as well ?

3 guys have his seats locally, all very good quality. He is currently arranging to measure up a 10 for seats and interior but we are still lock ed down for travel, so it will be summer at the earliest.

Yes!

I wasn't really keen on the side panels, but it all came as a package (at least that's what I remember), but I'm more than pleased with the fit, look, and functionality. The front and rear carpet fit like a glove, with the front carpet having thick insulation to go on either side of the stiffener/angle that runs down the middle of the footwell area.

After a wait

Mine should be on the front porch tomorrow. My 30 year old 6A is getting sexier every day. She’s a AILF 🤣

Attachments

• 93AF7EBB-2FC4-4466-BBC3-11B9EA91ADF4.jpg
    93AF7EBB-2FC4-4466-BBC3-11B9EA91ADF4.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 8042F512-4FC5-49B5-9AD7-414348B6C47D.jpg
    8042F512-4FC5-49B5-9AD7-414348B6C47D.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 166
  • AD12714E-AEC4-4DA2-8C81-CC989E1E574E.jpg
    AD12714E-AEC4-4DA2-8C81-CC989E1E574E.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 180
Back