What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camera Underwing Mounting Bracket

KentuckyMike

Well Known Member
I had several questions about the camera and bracket used for my RV6 under wing mounted video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv6I98LFiBo

so I thought I would post a couple of pictures.

The camera is the Vholdr ContourHD. It only weighs 4.2 ounces and is fully self contained. It records to the included 2gb Micro SD storage card. The lens is 135 degrees in HD mode (1280x720) 30 fps and 90 degrees in SD (848x480) 60 fps mode. It is very small, 3 3/4 in length and 2 1/4 height and 1 1/4 wide. A 2 GB Micro SD card is included and it will accept up to 16 GB Micro SD. The average record time in HD is 30 min /GB and 60 min /GB in SD mode. I think it will record longer than the battery will last.

The bracket is just a piece of scrap approximately 1 1/2" X 3" bent in the middle with appropriate size holes. One is 1/4-20 for the tripod mount on the camera and the other to fit the tie down ring hole.

I start the camera recording before I get in the plane and stop it when I get out. The lens will rotate 180 degrees so which ever way you mount it you can still turn it to record level.

dsc00528small.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

I don't know what your questions are, but...

I have not mounted my camera at the tie down ring yet. I'll have to try that one. Nice video and with The Magnificent 7 movie score, a lot of fun to watch, 2 of my favorites together. You beat me to it. I need to learn how to splice audio with my video on my PC. Nice job. :cool:

Other Camera System Mounting Options

Here are some nice underwing mounts that our customers created themselves when mounting our 4 camera split-screen Motocam system:

motocam staggerwing custom mount sm.jpg

motocam staggerwing custom mount 2 sm.jpg

PN 11-07112 pic1.jpg

The Contour is a nice unit. If you want a system that you can fully control from inside the cockpit, and has 10 hours of power, with 4 angles of video being captured at the same time, then you may also consider something like our MotoCam Shockbox unit.

Let me know if you have any camera or mounting questions?

Tim
http://www.MotoCam360.com

Back