What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

heat shield

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
my scat hose for the oil cooler runs too close to the exit end of my muffler. there is no rerouting without giving up a lot of airflow. i have read about good results with a product like ''heatshield'' so keep scat as cool as possible. should i wrap the lower muffler or the scat hose? any experience on this would be appreciated.

my scat hose for the oil cooler runs too close to the exit end of my muffler. there is no rerouting without giving up a lot of airflow. i have read about good results with a product like ''heatshield'' so keep scat as cool as possible. should i wrap the lower muffler or the scat hose? any experience on this would be appreciated.

I would definitely not wrap the muffler. I’d wrap the scat hose if you need to wrap something. Does it run parallel or perpendicular? I wonder how well the heat shield will stick. Perhaps there is a different type of SCAT that already has some kind of insulation built in?

hose runs 90 deg to muffler.i am concerned about keeping the ''cooling air'' as cool as possible. maybe fiberglass insulation and heavy foil on scat?

Back