What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inserts for dehydrator plugs

csdominey

Patron
My very used engine (core) came with dehydrator plugs installed into what appears to be a plastic insert for fitting into the cylinder. A couple are cracked and need to be replaced to accept the desiccator plugs. Can I get some help identifying these inserts, where to get replacements?
Engine is Lyc O320 E2A

That's what I have. The engine came with odd inserts fitting between the cylinder heads and the plugs. Trying to understand what they are. Not for use while operating, seems clear. Substituting the inserts used for the automotive plugs might be a replacement solution, so am looking at that.

If you have access to a 3D printer I can send you a model for the plastic base. I printed a couple after damaging mine. You'll need to run a tap down the threads to clean them up before installation though.

Thanks! That might be the way to go. These are evidently very old. Seems a bit odd that they might not be available commercially though. With all the thousands of old Lycs still around.
Pls forward the machine file, and thxs again
C Dominey
[email protected]

If you have access to a 3D printer I can send you a model for the plastic base. I printed a couple after damaging mine. You'll need to run a tap down the threads to clean them up before installation though.

Any chance you could share that model with me too? If you wish I could host it on my site.

Back