What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zeftronic voltage regulator

csdominey

Patron
Am trying to incorporate a Zeftronic VR into the OP10 drawing for a very typical Lyc O320E2A installation. For those who have done this, I would appreciate your comments to how I think this works:
I - not used. Might change my mind later, but no indicator light on the OP10 drawing to correlate to.
S - takes the J2 line back to the CB panel, Alt Field 5A CB, load side.
F - takes the B2 line to the Field connection on the alternator. My (1977) vintage alternator (no manufacturers plate) has 2 of these connections for FLD. I think either can be used. Use both for a 24V system.
A - This I think mates up with the J1 line, either to the BAT post on the alternator, or else to the CB panel on the big (60A) breaker, load side.

Thanks for any confirmation.

C Dominey
Alvin, Tx

S and A are bridged and go to your alternator field switch or CB. This provides the sense voltage and breaking the circuit will stop your alt from producing output. A is main voltage source (comes from ign switch in autos) and S goes to the stator for startup function. Most bridge these two instead of a dedicated stator connection in exp aircraft.

Proceed with caution, as I have never seen an alternator with two field inputs. Older externally regulated ND's often had a field, a stator and a ground connection, in addition to the B lead.

B lead from alternator goes to 60 amp breaker and on to main bus.

Larry

Last edited:
Back