What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Idaho trip

tracy

Well Known Member
Friend
I’m thinking about flying out to Johnson Creek Idaho as soon as he snow melts off. Anyone interested in flying out there for a few days. I’d be leaving from Chattanooga.

Last edited:
Educate me

I?m wanting to do a trip to somewhere in May. Educate me on Johnson Creek. What to do there, where to stay, is camping the best option in the Covid19 era? I was told of a few beautiful airports in Idaho. Why Johnson Creek? I take it there?s good hiking nearby? Thanks for the input.

Any more thoughts on the trip to Johnson Creek? Webcam seems to show no snow. I?m heading to Utah, and then maybe Idaho in mid May. I?m wondering if that is an ok time? I know summer would be better, but it it still nice, with things to do and see in May?

Yes!

I’m thinking about flying out to Johnson Creek Idaho as soon as he snow melts off. Anyone interested in flying out there for a few days. I’d be leaving from Chattanooga.

I’m interested. I’m located just south of Knoxville, TN

I did three weeks in Idaho years back. Johnson Creek will be very doable with my RV. Camping on the field is great there is even a small saloon in town, if you get tired of cooking.

Last edited:
I?m wanting to do a trip to somewhere in May. Educate me on Johnson Creek. What to do there, where to stay, is camping the best option in the Covid19 era? I was told of a few beautiful airports in Idaho. Why Johnson Creek? I take it there?s good hiking nearby? Thanks for the input.

Probably popular because it is one of the less-demanding back country strips. That doesn?t mean easy. Most aircraft land south-depart north although a lightly loaded RV might be able to climb fast enough for a southerly departure.The grass strip is usually in good condition, and wide. (Watch density altitude though). Camping is really the only option. Very small town (Yellow Pine) a few miles north. Yes, good hiking (head south, upstream).

Please read up on it if you?ve never been there. I live in Idaho and go there a lot... too many flatlanders come over and ball up their planes. If you remember anything... Don?t fly directly over the Bryant house. Please educate yourself. It?s not difficult but it?s gonna have your ultimate attention... enjoy!

Back