What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN900-16 seepage

rjcthree

Well Known Member
I'm loosing my marbles over this one. Two tries on visibly clean up damaged surfaces and I cannot get my oil screen nut to not leak. It not even running yet....

Clean, dry, 135 deg ( and the beyond) from contact....drips into the FAB! Messy! I'm halfway to Benders blue loctite method. Actually, I have loctite crankcase half sealant, hmmm.

Is there an alternate here? Any advice? The AN900-16 (correct per manual) were from ACS.

Thanks, Rick.

Are you fully crushing the gasket.
There should be a rapid rise in torque just as the gasket fully compresses. If you do not feel that, continue tightening until you do.

If you are using a torque value, I would increase it a little bit.

Gasket.

Open side to sump, closed side to bolt. Shows no significant lack of concentricity. Torque rise confirmed. I've torqued it significantly to the point I'm uncomfortable about going further. I started with the two flats - roughly the spec of 135 deg. Probably got another flat before I chickened out. It was beefy but I didn't get a number, fab was in place. Note that when first installed it was on a stand (so I couldn't get it right even with perfect access! Doh!). Rick

Last edited:
Crush Gasket Sealing

FWIW always used Tightseal, on these, over the decades due to erratic sealing results. Coat it like a traditional flat gasket.

Back