What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rope Ratchet Tiedowns

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I saw a set of rope ratchet type tie downs at Osh a few years ago and loved them. Unfortunately I misplaced the name of the company. Does anyone use them and who made the ones you use?

Check your local hardware store, or Lowes/Home Depot.

He is talking about rope, not strap. I remember them too. They where an offshoot of a military tent tie down set up. Really cool. I hope someone can dredge them back up.

So am I.

I have some I bought at a local plumbing supply, have seen them at various stores too.

Pull the rope to tighten, squeeze a tab to loosen------right?

Sorry Mike. I have them for my Kayaks to secure the safety lines front and back. They are not very sturdy looking and I wouldn't trust them for my airplane.

The ones I think Don is talking about where posted here and really heavy duty and nice. How are the ones you are using working? Quality? Brand?

QUIK TYS

We sold the Aircraft "QUIK-TYS"... Ratchet Rope units with Steel Heavy Duty Carabiners... probably till have some, would have to look. :)

Try looking at rock climbing gear. Mini- ascenders is what you are looking for with carabiners and climbing rope.

This has come up before and my solution was to replace the ratchet stap hooks with carabiners. Check out this page on my website.

I don't crank the straps down, just snug them.

One other thing, don't leave your tie down rings in your wing and tail because of the dissimilar metal issue.

Last edited:
Back