What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

International seaplane flyin sept 5-8 2013

turbo

Well Known Member
http://www.seaplanefly-in.org/

This is about as far north you can go before entering Canada. Plenty of rvs there too.
DC3-1.gif

Vlad, I can't make it on Saturday because of family plans. Probably be there on Friday. :eek:
Have you been there before?

Vlad, I can't make it on Saturday because of family plans. Probably be there on Friday. :eek:
Have you been there before?

I flew over Mooselake on my way to Lorin AFB. That's a nice chunk of rock sticking out of the water. I will come with a wannabe RVator on Saturday morning and leave afternoon. See you next time Eddie! When are you heading south?

Enjoy your flight. Will be home by mid October. Headed to intervale next Tuesday. :)

That explains it

I was out and about yesterday and I noticed two different amphibs/float planes flying overhead northbound. We almost never see floats around here (northeast of ATL).

It is the time of year to be in Maine and the wx is looking perfect for a seaplane event.
image-2.jpg

So, I'll be leaving from kbaf on Friday morning early for the day. Great event.

I might follow along. When are you headed up? Meet at HFD? We have a parallel grass strip, ask for conditions of the east turf 2 or 20. Who else from squadron?

AO

Andy let's touch bases tomorrow later in the day. HFD sounds like a good idea. I will likely launch on Sat morning out of Long Island.

Sqdn Cmdr may show up unannounced I can sniff it. He has a seaplane rating and loves what floats :)

See you there. Leaving Thursday morning. Till Friday night or early sat morning. Bring some warm cloths! Will be at Greenville inn cabins. Are you with the usual group? :cool:

Hmmmm... Thinking that we might arrive sometime Saturday morning and spend Saturday night at the Bungalow which isn't very far away!

;). CJ

Back