What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Over the Bahamas

flybill7

Well Known Member
About the time Rosie Rosales, Scott Card, et all were returning, I headed over to the Bahamas and DR for a week in the RV7. With an old high school buddy, our plan was to island hop and try to cover most of the outer islands which we did. I made a web log for the entire trip -- Link -- but here are some of the best pics.

I left Baltimore and picked up Jack in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

2jtz0n.jpg

Here we go!

jkj58k.jpg

Feet wet. Heading east from the Florida coast.

Our first look at the stunning aqua blue water.

Great Guana Cay, Abacos, where we stayed the first two nights

Marsh Harbor airport, Abacos, where we landed then took a ferry over to Great Guana Cay.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
North Eleuthera where we stopped for lunch and to see the famous pink sand beaches.

Hawk's Nest, Cat Island

We flew the entire Exuma Cays for the most spectacular views of the entire trip.

Staniel Cay, Exumas where we stopped to snorkel Thunderball Grotto.

George Town, Exumas where we stayed overnight.

Approaching Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Great Inagua, Bahamas where we stopped to wait out some weather.

To be continued ...

Stella Maris, Long Island

Overlooking beach at Stella Maris

Departing Stella Maris - check out the 12" N-numbers.

Four RV-10s were at Stella Maris and left just ahead of us.

Returning home - aqua blue water on the west side of Andros island.

Approaching Ft. Pierce, our jump off point.

Not enough? Here is the detailed web log for the entire trip. Link

Bill thanks for the story. I've been to the Bahamas once and love it. Are you coming to Mid Atlantic Fly in?

That was a good read Bill, thanks! I'm jealous of you long haul vacationing types; I haven't had my -8 out on a decent trip since last September and my Hobbs meter so far for the year is at an all time low, a whopping 36 hours. Wahhh. I gotta get out more and do a trip like this!

Marsh Harbor airport, Abacos, where we landed then took a ferry over to Great Guana Cay.

Bill,

Sorry we didn't get to see you. The red, white and gray RV6 parked next to you at Marsh Harbor was Jailbird. Rosie, Keys and Shark Bait were still taking in the sights several hundred miles in trail. Indira had to go back to work and we still had to reach Seattle so we sort of took a more direct route.

Back