What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starting a -10

rvbuilder

Hello all,

We wanted to introduce ourselves to the -10 group. My name is James and my wife is Zeni (Zen-eee). I was involved in the RV community of -10 builders about 9 years ago. Due to some life changes I had to forgo the build and sold my finished emp and wings.

Fast forward 2013 -->> We have finished our workshop and are preparing to begin the new -10 kit when it arrives. Sent my tool order to Cleaveland Tools Tuesday and on the home stretch receiving everything to get started.

My wife and I are looking forward to the project, making some great new friends and being a part of the RV community.

Looking forward to sharing with you all and excited to be attending Sun & Fun this year as builders!

Welcome to VAF!

James, Zeni-------Welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

Great to have you aboard.

You are my first twofer welcome:D

Hey James and Zeni, welcome from a fellow -10 newbie! (although it seems like you have plenty of experience with the -10). I'll be following your build closely!

Welcome!

Hi Zeni, Hi James,

Enjoy the build! The plans are fantastic and the kit is really well put together. I think you two will enjoy the journey. I'm 3 years into the build and itching to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Have fun and let us know if any speed bumps arise.

David

rv10

Welcome. I am pretty new myself. The folks on here r awsome and this is a great site. I just got done last week with the composite class from aircrafters that dave and tim put on in california and i got to tell you it was great. When you get close to the fiberglass part you need to take the two day course it will answer a lot of questions and make it to where you will save time and money. Good luck and hope to meet u guys sometime.

Great

Glad to see you here. If you are ever up this way, stop in. We had a great time building the -4 and the -10.

Hey all thanks for the welcomes. I am looking forward to get going on it. I remember building my 10 fuel tanks years ago and that was probably the most not so fun part but I really enjoyed building.

Back then we used the Yahoo group and matronics list. It was nothing like this where you could read so much thats been posted to help when getting in a pinch with something...

I am thinking this forum Doug put together was hatched from the yahoo group but I could be wrong. I was reading some old posts of mine from the matronics list. It was back when Rick Sked, Tim O and Scott S were building when I started my -10. We were all building at the same time. It pains me to to have had to forgo that build but the dream is very much alive and starting within the next week or two when the rest of my parts get here. Tools etc.... (Side note, I am having Sciatica surgery on the 13th so maybe a little delay to recover)

Cant wait to meet you all. Looking forward to Sun and Fun in few weeks!!

Thanks again!!!

Welcome James and Zeni

I don't think anyone has adequately addressed your "question" yet.
Starting a -10

1: Master on
2: Alt field on
3: mixture rich
4: :D

Keep a sense of humor while you build and enjoy the journey.
You're in great company.

A Blast from the Past

James McClow - a blast from the past indeed!!

Welcome back to fray. Any thoughts of another website - I missed the live web cam :D

Building is like riding a bike - you never really forget how, or how much you enjoy it.

cheers
Ron McGann
RV-10 VH-XRM flying in Oz.

Hey Ron it has been a while. Thanks for the welcome...

We have a small site built but nothing really on it yet. It is the same domain from years ago rv10builder.com and mcclowsrv10.com. The mcclowsrv10.com is like a Pinterest site for just some pics and posts. well use it to post build photos along the way. I will be posting my logs on kit log so I can print them for a binder. Just going to focus on the build

I have a found a few finished emps and wing kits for sale on Barnstormers but really want to build fresh. We went with a fresh new serial number. I am amazed that the -10's are up to 41420 . 1420 kits sold. Atleast emps anyway.

Looking forward to fulfilling the dream ive had for years of building and flying the "McClows RV -10" :)

Not planning on a cam. Just planning to keep my head in the foxhole to complete the build.

Congrats on your -10!! Happy for you.

Jimmy Mac! Glad to see you're still around....looks like the wife has had some major work done!;) Look forward to seeing your posts!!

Welcome aboard....or back! I've been building for almost a year now and I couldn't imagine having to sell my project. Heart breaking I'm sure.

Congrats on the new start!

Welcome

Great to hear about another start. My wife and I built a -10 three years ago. It was great fun and we hope to be there at sun n fun as well. Like many others we populated a website for our documentation and others to see. We are not great website people and we haven't updated it for a bit but feel free to check it out.

www.flyfastrv-10.com

@ricks - Yes, good changes. I was divorced in 2010. Remarried in 2012. All is great, business is good, kids are all great and looking forward to getting started!!

Thanks for the welcome, Rick! Congrats on the completion of yours!!

@J Twilbeck Yes indeed, it was a rough time but God is good and Zeni & I are excited to be able to push forward together on the project. Thanks for the welcome!! I have been checking out your blog over the past few months. Congrats on the little one and love the workshop!!

@Bart I have been looking at your site over the past few months. It was one of the first I started looking at when I went back to researching the build again. It stood out to me because I did a project in Farmington Maine a few years back on a waste water plant and remembered how cold it was that winter. I lived in Laconia NH at that time. Congrats on your project!!

Better late then never for me! UPS Says my tool order will be here tomorrow!!

Thanks Brandi, yours site is very inspiring. I have downloaded your cost estimator. Great spreadsheet!

Thanks for the welcome!!

I had surgery on my back for a herniated disc. Best thing I've done. I was at the point where I couldn't tie my own shoes or make it in the car more than half an hour. 2 hours after I went under for surgery, I was like a new person!

Congrats on jumping back on the building wagon!

I really like the "Pinterest like" feature on your site! I've been saving ideas I like with bookmarks, and it always takes me forever to find what I'm looking for, if ever.

I might just have to steal that idea...

Yeah I hear the microdisectomy will be a quick recovery for 95% of patients so I look forward to a fast recovery.

I use social engine for my ministry website and they offer a cloud based service called social engine cloud. The board template is what I am using. This way I can keep track of everything also.

It is at socialengine.com if your wanting to check it out. I am not affiliated with them but I do like their product. I have been watching your build and love the videos. You can add links to you tube with social engine cloud also.

Thanks

Back