What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 Stick

I just noticed you're asking sporadic questions as they come up and that's what this forum is all about but I also recommend using the SEARCH box. It'll give you lots of valuable information you might miss. When you ask a question here you'll get answers from the people who are around at the time but you are missing out on a lot of other posts. When you do a search I guarantee you'll find information that'll make you read for days and learn a lot more. It happened to me and still happens.

Last edited:
Carl if/when you used an Infinity grip on an RV-8, did you bend or cut and weld a bend in the stick at all?

No - in fact I reworked an RV-8 that had a bent stick. I replaced it with a stock stick as I found the bent stick did not work for me.

I did however reinforce the hole in the lower back of the stick to run the Infinity Grip cable. The simple process was to take the stick material that was cut off when trimming for length, cutting it in half, fitted it over the hole and match the hole in this new piece, then TIG welded it in place. Some grinding time to make it all smooth and it was ready for paint.

The reason is once I added a snap bushing in the hole to protect the cable I was concerned the stick was weakened too much - I suspect my concern was unfounded but we all do what makes us sleep better at night.

Carl

Back