What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nav Worx not reporting

flysrv10

Well Known Member
I have had my Navworx since they were first introduced. It has been working flawlessly for several years. I had two long flight yesterday and noticed that I was receiving NexRad weather but not receiving traffic. I requested a performance report and sure enough, nothing was reported. Got the following email:

Your Performance Report request on 9/13/2019 failed to generate a result.

If you believe this is an error, please respond to [email protected] and include the following information:
1. Aircraft registration number and flight identification code,
2. Flight date and time,
3. Make/model of ADS-B transmitter and GPS, and
4. Any ADS-B avionics operating abnormalities observed or reported during the associated flight.

I sent in a response but the folks are on vacation till Monday.

I will swap my garmin 327 to see if it has anything to do with it. However, I wanted to ask anyone willing to loan me their leftover Navworx to try and see if the box is bad. I will pay shipping both ways and will have FedEx come to your door to pick up. Thank you in advance.

Navworx EXP?

I have one you can borrow (not being used but I have it displayed as "wall art"!

Ron

You might want to wait awhile. I received a similar "failed to generate a result" message recently. About a week later I received the report of that flight. I have no idea why the delay.

Did you look at the logs on the Navworx box? They are usually pretty good at pointing to an issue if there isn?t one.

You might want to wait awhile. I received a similar "failed to generate a result" message recently. About a week later I received the report of that flight. I have no idea why the delay.

Thanks, I have sent a reply to FAA. Hopefully I will hear something next week. or, I will have a clean report.

Did you look at the logs on the Navworx box? They are usually pretty good at pointing to an issue if there isn?t one.

Where do I look at logs? connect through a laptop?

I look at my EFIS and it reports many hits for Nexrad but zero count for traffic.

Hi Ron and Thanks for the offer, can you contact me at flysrv10 at gmail for shipping info?

If Rons unit is an EXP unit as suggested by his post title, that unit would not be generating a report given the AD correct? You have a Navworx ads600-b unit correct?

If Rons unit is an EXP unit as suggested by his post title, that unit would not be generating a report given the AD correct? You have a Navworx ads600-b unit correct?

I do have the 600-B. I was not aware that there is any difference in operation between EXP and 600-B.

Back