What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bittersweet Anouncement

Lemmingman

Well Known Member
This is one of those good news / bad news posts. First the bad news. Over the last few days I've been packing my RV7, parts and tools into a storage unit. How long it remains there is not known.

2014-07-20%252015.32.10.jpg

2014-07-20%252015.31.34.jpg

The worst part is the unknown period of time. I'll get it out of storage when my living situation stabilizes. I was amazed at the number of tools and hardware that I have that are really for nothing more than building a plane. The general purpose tools that I am taking with me fill a cabinet drawer in the garage. Everything else is in the storage unit. Why?

Well that is the good news part. The family and I are moving back to Texas. That's where the job wants me, so that's where we're going. We'll be renting in McKinney until we get the house in Arkansas sold. Once we get settled I'll put out the call for a place to build. There is a lot I'm going to miss about Arkansas, and I can recommend it highly if you're looking to relocate. The move begins immediately upon return from OSH '14.

Gil,
I just moved from Colorado to Idaho and my plane is in 3 different storage units and parts in my garage. At least it is all here so I am one up on you there. They travel pretty good on a trailer so don't worry about that. Get settled and then get back into the building game! Best of luck.

A poll is in order. How many times did you move your project before completion?

Seems like it is common. I moved twice. When I start to say it during a conversation, the builder I'm talking to start nodding and says, yeah, me too.

Keep heart!

I've moved my RV-10 five times. Yuma, AZ to Norfolk, VA to Quantico, VA to Jacksonville, NC to Monterey, CA to Albany, GA. I'm hoping to fly it out of GA instead of trailering it yet again, but that will depend on my work situation...

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

There is a lot I'm going to miss about Arkansas, and I can recommend it highly if you're looking to relocate. The move begins immediately upon return from OSH '14.

I've never lived in Arkansas but my mom lives in Springdale and my brother in Fayetteville, and I've visited them several times. NW Arkansas really is a nice place.

Good luck with your move and getting your build back on track!

Back