What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone willing to give a demo flight in the Warrensburg, MO area? (-7 and -8)

anubisdeath666

I'm New Here
I introduced myself the other day here, and I was dead set about building my dream plane, an -8. However, after more discussion with my wife, we are starting to consider a -7. She doesn't know if she would prefer tandem or side by side, and has actually never flown in an RV at all! I'm hoping someone would be willing to give myself and my wife a short demo flight so that we can make a final decision without having to do it blindly. We are in Warrensburg, MO, but routinely drive to Overland Park, KS. If anyone would like to help out, please let me know!! We would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I am in junction city, ks, but can probably fly over to the KC/Overland Park area at some point to give rides, if some of the KC/lees summit guys don't chime in. I recommend going on a warmer day, as the back seat is frigid.

Thanks for the offer, I will definitely take you up on it if no one else is able to help out. I agree, a warmer day will probably be best as I have heard it's a bit cold in the back of an -8, hopefully the temps will rise to a manageable level sometime soon!

I have heard it's a bit cold in the back of an -8, hopefully the temps will rise to a manageable level sometime soon!

Does that tell you something, seeing as how that is where your wife will be spending most of her time. Remember, happy wife, happy life.;)

Chapter 91

Hi,

I live in Liberty but the best way to see the whole assortment would be to attend a EAA Chapter 91 in Lee's Summit meeting-they have a web site and everyone there is very helpful. My RV-8 has been undergoing some repairs and should be flying sometime relatively soon. Which ever way you go, you can get invaluable help there.

Blue skies,
John

Back