What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Failed SkyView 12.0 update

Joe

Well Known Member
Helping a friend update the SkyView in his not-yet-flying RV-12 to 12.0. Downloaded the latest bits from the Van's Aircraft web site,
dutifully unZIPped the .DUC file and put it on a USB flash drive. The update process began normally but repeatedly met with this:

LoadFailed.jpg

The current version is 4.0.1 and shipped with the unit. I've tried multiple thumb drives, multiple USB sockets on the SkyView,
and even the generic 12.0 update .DUC file on the Dynon Avionics web site.

Do I need to update to some sort of intermediate version before 12.0? What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Joe

Ver 12.0 update

I am not comfortable with this process and absolutely do not claim to be knowledgeable. But I downloaded and unzipped 12.0, copied it to the USB stick Dynon sent, plugged it in under the Skyview, and updated it with little difficulty. My Skyview came about 8 months ago with version 10.1 installed. Maybe it was beginner's luck but the process as described in the readme file went suprisingly smoothly for me. It doesn't seem to be fundamentally flawed.

Depending on the current software version on the unit, you may have to do an intermediate step. There are always instructions with the software, and that will explain what is needed. www.dynonavionics.com

Back