What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WH-00125

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Would anyone know if the mating connector that connects to the stick base connector is included with the WH-00125 harness? The connector I am looking for attaches to the wires coming out of the stick and what would plug into the WH-00125 harness.
If it's not included would anyone know the part number?
Thanks

The harness WH-00125 does have the connectors on it for the sticks but it is nearly impossible to get them from the center tunnel out to the stick bases.

I've recently got the main fuselage harness from Stein.

It seems the connectors won't thread through the SB-750 grommets or even the holes for the grommets.
There's no mention of de-pinning the connectors to install the wiring and re-pinning when in place.

I can't see an alternative even with splitting the grommets. Is that how people have got there's installed?

I've recently got the main fuselage harness from Stein.

It seems the connectors won't thread through the SB-750 grommets or even the holes for the grommets.
There's no mention of de-pinning the connectors to install the wiring and re-pinning when in place.

I can't see an alternative even with splitting the grommets. Is that how people have got there's installed?

I enlarged the holes using a dremel bit and alternated with a small file; a tedious process but eventually the holes were large enough to pass a connector through.

_Alex

I found it to be very frustrating to try to route the stick wires into position without removing the molex plug. So, I cut off the plug and Steinair provided a small extension, complete with the correct molex plug. After easily routing the bare wires, I connected the extension to the cut wires using d-sub connectors enclosed in heat shrink. Much easier! :)

Attachments

• 667C946B-41D9-4B67-B034-3B49808F6320.jpg
    667C946B-41D9-4B67-B034-3B49808F6320.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Thanks Brian,

I'd missed that tip on the big drawing. It is rather cumbersome to scroll through!
Better placed on the section 55 printed diagrams.

But after an age of manipulating files to widen the notches, I finally got the left side stick wiring in. Not looking forward to the right side, but it should go a bit quicker!

I enlarged the holes using a dremel bit and alternated with a small file; a tedious process but eventually the holes were large enough to pass a connector through.

_Alex

Also, Van's says that you can cut one side of a snap bushing to fit it around a wire bundle and then insert that bushing into a routing hole in the web. They recommend placing the cut at the 12 o'clock position.

Also, Van's says that you can cut one side of a snap bushing to fit it around a wire bundle and then insert that bushing into a routing hole in the web. They recommend placing the cut at the 12 o'clock position.

Indeed, I had to cut the bushing as you mentioned to slip over the wire bundle as the ~last step. The real issue was that the molex connector was too big to fit through the aluminum hole.

_Alex

Hello,
I got my finish kit last week. There was no harness in the box or in the packing list. Do I have to order it separately?

It is ordered separately because there are some choices that need to be made such as LEMO vs regular headset jacks. I ordered mine directly from Steinair, who makes them for Van's.

Back